1. Do you have a certain place in your home for reading?
I read anywhere inspiration strikes, though I do like a comfy sofa.
2. Bookmark or random piece of paper?
Whatever I have on hand at the moment: postcards, old bills, pieces of lace I'm working on...
3. Can you just stop reading or do you have to stop read after a chapter / certain number of pages?
I try to read to the end of a chapter/section before I put the book away, but it's not always possible (if I have to tend to the kids, or am falling asleep).
4. Do you eat or drink while read?
Books + tea = heaven
5. Multitasking: music or TV while reading?
6. One book at a time or several at once?
I've tried bookish monogamy; it doesn't work. I usually have 2-3 books going at once.
7. Reading at home or everywhere?
Anywhere and everywhere.
8. Reading out loud or silently in your head?
Silently for my own reading, out loud for the kids.
9. Do you read ahead or even skip pages?
I might peek ahead if I'm curious. Sometimes, I like to start a book by reading the very last sentence first, and then going back to read how the story reaches that point.
10. Barking the spine or keeping it like new?
Depends on the format. Some books I have to bend a little to make them comfortable to read, although I try to avoid doing so.
11. Do you write in your books?
Yes! It's an old habit, from when I studied and taught literature. I also annotate ebooks, and love to see what sections others have underlined.